- Chris Smith, Kyle Longest, Jonathan Hill, and Kari Christoffersen, 2012, Young Catholic America: Emerging Adults In, Out of, and Gone from the Church, Oxford University Press.
- Lisa D. Pearce and Melinda Lundquist Denton, 2011, A Faith of Their Own: Stability and Change in the Religiosity of America's Adolescents, Oxford University Press.
- Chris Smith, Kari Christoffersen, Hilary Davidson, and Patricia Snell Herzog, 2011, Lost in Transition: The Dark Side of Emerging Adulthood, Oxford University Press.
- Richard Flory, Korie Edwards, Brad Christerson, 2010, Growing Up in America: The Power of Race in the Lives of Teens, Stanford University Press.
- Kenda Creasy Dean, 2010, Almost Christian: What the Faith of Our Teenagers Is Telling the American Church, Oxford University Press.
- Christian Smith with Patricia Snell (Herzog), 2009, Souls in Transition: the Religious and Spiritual Lives of Emerging Adults, Oxford University Press.
- Ken Johnson-Mondragon, ed., 2007, Pathways of Hope and Faith among Hispanic Teens: Pastoral Reflections and Strategies Inspired by the National Study of Youth and Religion. Stockton, CA: Instituto Fe y Vida.
- Mark D. Regnerus, 2007, Forbidden Fruit: Sex and Religion in the Lives of American Teenagers, Oxford University Press.
- Christian Smith with Melinda Lundquist Denton, 2005, Soul Searching: The Religious and Spiritual Lives of American Teenagers, Oxford University Press.